LELAND, N.C. (WECT) – Leland is the fastest growing town in North Carolina, according to numbers released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.
From April 1, 2010, to July 1, 2019, Leland’s population has jumped from 13,614 to 23,544, an approximate increase of 73 percent.
Leland also ranks as the 12th in the county among fastest growing cities and towns.
“While this is exciting news, these numbers don’t surprise me one bit,” said Leland Mayor Brenda Bozeman. “The Town has experienced a continued increase in population, particularly in recent years, as more people from across the state and the country discover all we have to offer in terms of lifestyle, amenities, and job and business opportunities, not to mention our proximity to area beaches and larger cities like Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.”
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SpaceX set to launch NASA astronauts to orbit in historic private spaceflight
- White woman fired after backlash from racist Central Park confrontation
- Major I-440 ramps set to close overnight Wednesday for work, NCDOT says
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say