ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A tractor-trailer crashed into three fire trucks responding to a tractor-trailer fire on Interstate 85 south in Rowan County, according to Rowan County Communications.
At about 3 a.m. Tuesday, troopers, as well as fire trucks and first responders from Linwood Fire Department, responded to a fire on I-85 south near the exit for N.C. 150, just over the Rowan County line from Davidson County.
The driver of a tractor-trailer called 911 after discovering flames coming from the back of his tractor-trailer while driving south on I-85, officials said.
While fire crews were on scene, at about 4:20 a.m., another tractor-trailer came through and hit three fire trucks.
It is unclear what caused that driver to crash.
Communications officials say one person was taken for medical treatment. There’s no word on the severity of the person’s injuries.
No first responders were hurt.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Arrest made after park ranger run over at Hanging Rock State Park
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg is first woman to lie in state at US Capitol
- PHOTOS: New foal addition to the wild horse family in Outer Banks — it’s a girl!
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- WATCH: Priceless reaction when Virginia baby hears mother’s voice for first time
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now