GASTONIA, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- There were reports of people passing out at President Donald Trump’s rally in Gastonia Wednesday evening.
FOX 46 was able to confirm from inside the event that some individuals required medical attention after fainting.
Thousands were in attendance at the event at the Gaston Municipal Airport. The gates opened at 4 p.m. and supporters flooded in, packing the space.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has advised that people joining a mass gatheirng such as a Trump rally get tested for COVID-19.
Dozens of North Carolina physicians recently sent a letter to Trump’s campaign urging the president to cancel his rallies for health reasons.
No additional information has been provided concerning how many people reportedly passed out or what their current conditions are.
- Mom of slain teen is shot during burial service; son was among 2 killed by Florida deputies
- ALERT DAY: Rain and storms bring threat of damaging wind, tornadoes Monday morning
- NC man charged with murder in Transylvania County shooting, deputies say
- Former Trump aide sues over Russia probe surveillance, claims he was ‘unlawful spying’ victim
- Late TD, 2nd chance at extra point give Vikings 28-27 edge over Carolina Panthers