CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 29 points and North Carolina ended a five-game losing streak by beating Miami 94-71 on Saturday.
Hall of Fame UNC coach Roy Williams earned his 880th career victory to pass late mentor Dean Smith for fourth on the men’s Division I all-time list nearly a month after tying him in a win against Yale.
Freshman Armando Bacot added 19 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists for the Tar Heels, who had lost six straight league games for the first time in program history amid injuries and shaky play.
The Tar Heels finished with a season-high scoring output and shot a season-best 58%, with Robinson hitting six 3-pointers.
Miami played without top scorer Chris Lykes and No. 3 scorer Kameron McGusty due to injuries. Isaiah Wong had 19 points to lead Miami.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bail Bondsman: William McCloud said over the phone Evelyn’s mother knows where she is
- 3 in custody after stolen vehicle crashes into North Raleigh home’s backyard, police say
- Raleigh Solid Waste Services employee credited with possibly saving elderly man’s life
- Gov. Cooper offering reward for info in ‘highly dangerous’ vandalism at NC police department
- Vandals tear through new NC high school, cause $100K worth of damage, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now