CONCORD, N.C. (WBTV) – Vandals tore through a new high school under construction in Concord and caused more than $100,000 worth of damage.
On Feb. 17 and Feb. 22, 2020, the Concord Police Department responded to the construction site of the new West Cabarrus High School on Weddington Road in Concord.
The construction crew found extensive damage done to the interior of the building.
Damage included busted windows, damaged plumbing, holes in the interior walls and areas where paint had been spilled or thrown. Damage was also done to construction equipment inside of the building.
Damage for both incidents is estimated to be in excess of $100,000.00.
Officials say West Cabarrus High School will be the newest high school in Cabarrus County and is scheduled to open in August.
The Concord Police Department continues to ask anyone with information as to the identity of the person(s) responsible for causing damage to West Cabarrus High School to call 704-920-5000 or contact Cabarrus Area Crime Stoppers at 704-93-CRIME.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Reminder: No-cost, at-home COVID-19 test kits are available in NC. Here’s how to get one.
- Can my employer legally ask if I received the COVID-19 vaccine?
- 10 years ago Friday, 30 tornados swept across NC, killing 24
- Man dies after collapsing at Durham County Detention Center, sheriff’s office says
- Families hope loved ones can be found alive in capsized boat