LAKE WACCAMAW, N.C. (WECT) - Four people were injured in a fireworks explosion Wednesday night at Lake Waccamaw, according to the News Reporter.
The incident reportedly took place during the McNeill family's annual Fourth of July fireworks display about 9:30 p.m.
A witness told the News Reporter that the individuals jumped into the lake, and that all four had burns to varying degrees and one had a possible broken arm.
The witness said none of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening and that all four victims were up and walking.
A video of the explosion was posted on YouTube early Thursday morning.
- Chapel Hill man drove Camaro 157 mph while fleeing authorities, Goldsboro police say
- After attack in Wake Forest parking lot, police to focus on keeping holiday shoppers safe
- Motorcyclist dies in collision with car in Durham, police say
- Group arranges shoes in Raleigh to remember 1,412 people killed on NC roads last year
- NC man killed during armed robbery at US Virgin Islands bar
- Sentencing set for Colorado man with NC ties after guilty plea in family killings
- NC college football player killed in fiery crash in Fayetteville, team officials say
- 10+ shots fired during NC officer-involved shooting Monday morning, police say