LAKE WACCAMAW, N.C. (WECT) - Four people were injured in a fireworks explosion Wednesday night at Lake Waccamaw, according to the News Reporter.
The incident reportedly took place during the McNeill family's annual Fourth of July fireworks display about 9:30 p.m.
A witness told the News Reporter that the individuals jumped into the lake, and that all four had burns to varying degrees and one had a possible broken arm.
The witness said none of the injuries appeared to be life-threatening and that all four victims were up and walking.
A video of the explosion was posted on YouTube early Thursday morning.
- Family speaks out after man released from jail following encounter with Raleigh police
- Raleigh police respond to shooting on Woodpecker Court
- Man, woman hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after shooting at Raleigh motel
- UNC historian calls Confederate monument movement 'a turning point in history'
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 3-judge panel blocks 2 amendments from NC ballot
- NC man wanted in assault of pregnant Waffle House waitress arrested in California
- ECU bus hits, injures bicyclist
- NC Zoo announces name of 2nd southern white rhino born in July