OAK ISLAND, N.C. (WECT) – One home was destroyed and three others were damaged during a fire in Oak Island Tuesday afternoon.
According to Brunswick County dispatch officials, the fire was first reported just before 4 p.m. in the 1600 block of East Beach Drive. Multiple fire departments responded to the scene.
Smoke could be seen for miles along the beach of Oak Island.
The two homes on each side of the destroyed house were damaged and another home beyond that was also damaged as high winds pushed the flames along a row of homes.
No injuries have been reported. There’s no word yet what caused the fire.
The home that was destroyed was not currently occupied.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Can’t make it to Memphis? Elvis Presley’s Graceland starting virtual tours
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan? $15 federal minimum wage, expanded paid leave
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- 4-year-old Arkansas boy develops serious condition resulting from COVID-19