WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – Fishermen sitting near Carolina Beach Inlet got quite the treat Tuesday.
The group got a first row seat to a pair of whales frolicking in the waves.
The whales were sighted about a mile from Johns Creek near the Carolina Beach Inlet.
The video captured by Hunter Ratcliff shows the mammals breaching, splashing and spouting water from their blowhole.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Best Buy, Stir in North Hills are hiring
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor decision spills into America’s streets
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
- Virginia parents of children with autism push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- UNC-Wilmington professor discovers ancient mummified penguins in Antarctica
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now