WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – Fishermen sitting near Carolina Beach Inlet got quite the treat Tuesday.
The group got a first row seat to a pair of whales frolicking in the waves.
The whales were sighted about a mile from Johns Creek near the Carolina Beach Inlet.
The video captured by Hunter Ratcliff shows the mammals breaching, splashing and spouting water from their blowhole.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- RDU, other NC airports included in United Airlines sale with flights as low as $29
- Halting evictions, utility shutoffs led to fewer COVID-19 cases and deaths, Duke study says
- Wake County schools working on virtual plan for spring semester
- U.S. Army women now allowed to wear ponytails, lipstick and nail polish in combat uniform
- NC to change COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan after some counties, hospitals receive fewer doses than expected