LEXINGTON, N.C. (WGHP) — Two people were killed in a fire near Lexington, according to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday morning, crews responded to a structure fire with injuries on the 3400 block of Horseshoe Neck Road in the Tyro community.
One person was rescued from the fire and was taken to a hospital by Air Care.
Officials say one male and one female patient died. There was no word on the victims’ ages.
Rowan County fire crews assisted.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- AAA tips on how to keep your car running well while unused during pandemic
- Clayton nursing home workers concerned after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- US extends $350B lifeline to small businesses
- Despite beautiful weekend weather ahead, Cooper urges NC residents not to make beach trips
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now