CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WJZY) — Two people are dead following a shooting in east Charlotte Monday afternoon.
Officers responded to gunshots around noon near 2100 Kilborne Drive.
A man and a woman were found suffering from gunshot wounds. The male was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman was taken to Atrium Main where she was pronounced dead.
CSI, the district attorney’s office, and victim services were among the departments that responded to the scene.
There is no mention of a suspect at this time. The double homicide comes on the heels of last week’s Charlotte-Mecklenburg police news conference calling on the community to crack down on violent crime.
This remains an active investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact officials at 704-334-1600.
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home