CHINA GROVE, N.C. (WBTV) – Officials are investigating after a woman was killed in a collision between a vehicle and train Sunday in Rowan County.
The incident occurred in the 100 block of Webb Road, in between Salisbury and China Grove.
Rowan County Communications and Highway Patrol confirmed that one person died at the scene.
Officials are waiting to notify next of kin before releasing the identity of the deceased.
- Track coach remembers NC teen killed in hit-and-run as star athlete
- Virginia’s highest court upholds weapons ban at gun rally
- Carolina drops OT decision to Anaheim for 3rd straight loss
- Cary bicyclist wants to thank others who helped when he fell and broke hip
- NC dad charged with murder in baby’s death; relatives mourn 3-month-old boy
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now