CHINA GROVE, N.C. (WBTV) – Officials are investigating after a woman was killed in a collision between a vehicle and train Sunday in Rowan County.
The incident occurred in the 100 block of Webb Road, in between Salisbury and China Grove.
Rowan County Communications and Highway Patrol confirmed that one person died at the scene.
Officials are waiting to notify next of kin before releasing the identity of the deceased.
- 21-year-old and juvenile injured in Lumberton shooting
- Portion of Cedar Creek Road in Fayetteville closed due to crash, avoid area
- 1st NC case of new COVID-19 variant detected in Charlotte area
- Teen describes torture and attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Man wounded in shooting along Holloway St. in Durham