WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – A woman is in the custody of the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office after she drove away from deputies and crashed into a building Tuesday afternoon.
Lt. Jerry Brewer of the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office says deputies spotted a woman with drugs at a gas station and when law enforcement tried to speak with her, she closed the car door and drove off. Deputies followed her briefly before she crashed her car into the Coastal Horizons building on Shipyard Boulevard around 2:45 p.m.
Investigators on scene say the crash only involved one vehicle and no injuries were reported.
No information on possible charges filed or the woman’s identity has been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnson & Johnson pause won’t affect Wake County’s vaccination schedule
- Hawaii to allow some registered nurses to perform abortions
- Man accidentally shoots himself while trying on pants in Walmart dressing room
- Get out and shop local and handmade with The Makrs Society; Outdoor pop-up events around the Triangle
- Wake County road rage shooting leads to 38-year-old’s arrest, deputies say
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.