WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – Wilmington police got an unexpected assist in catching a suspect reportedly trying to break into a church Thursday evening.
According to a spokeswoman for the Wilmington Police Department, officers were dispatched to The Ambassador’s Bible Temple on Dawson Street around 8:30 p.m. after an alarm at the church was triggered.
Police say Richard Doyle Jr., 45, attempted to pry the back door open when the alarm sounded.
As he tried to flee the scene, he managed to get his vehicle stuck on an embankment as officers arrived.
Doyle was arrested and charged with felony breaking and entering.
He received a $5,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sledding accident causes teen’s death; dad dies at hospital
- Earlier start to hurricane season? NOAA debates starting future Atlantic seasons in May
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise
- Rescue dog that nobody wanted saves life of new owner
- Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class-action lawsuit
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.