DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A North Carolina woman is facing child rape charges after a reported sexual assault, according to a news release from the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.
Brandy Nicole Naylor, 32, of Lexington, is charged with two counts of rape of a child and two counts of indecent liberties.
On July 9, the sheriff’s office got a report of a sexual assault on a 5-year-old boy that happened in 2015.
The boy, now 9, attended a forensic interview at The Dragonfly House Children’s Advocacy Center in Mocksville.
Following further investigation, Naylor was charged.
On Thursday, Naylor was being held in the Cabarrus County Detention Center on unrelated charges, where she was served warrants for the rape and indecent liberties charges.
She was given a $1 million secured bond and is scheduled to appear in court in Lexington on Oct. 14.
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now