FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A pilot managed to walk away from a plane that was damaged while landing at the Fayetteville Regional Airport Friday night, officials said.
The incident happened around 7 p.m. when a pilot reported landing gear problems before touching down, according to airport fire officials.
Upon landing, the nose gear of the Cherokee plane collapsed and the aircraft skidded on the runway, officials said.
The airport was closed for about 20 to 30 minutes after the incident. The pilot was not injured.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bill just passed in NC House could make voting by mail easier this November
- Portuguese Man o’ War spotted on beaches from Surfside Beach to North Myrtle Beach
- North Carolina Zoo welcomes second litter of critically endangered red wolf pups
- Morrisville Sheetz employee tests positive for COVID-19, store closed for cleaning
- Zion Williamson seeks to avoid answering questions about improper benefits
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now