WARNING: These photos are disturbing.
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Niagara Falls man has been charged with felony animal cruelty, accused of cutting the ears off of seven puppies.
Michael Anthony Paonessa was arraigned this week.
According to Niagara Falls Animal Control Officer Dave Bower, Niagara Falls Police received an anonymous tip that he cut the ears off of the puppies, all American bulldogs, for “cosmetic purposes”.
The seven-week-old puppies, two males and five females, are back with their owner.
Bower said the owner hired Paonessa to cut the dogs’ ears for $250.
The owner is not facing any charges at this time.
- Cape Fear Valley Medical Center working on fix after victims billed as much as $5,000 for rape kits
- Police: Drunk driver runs red light, kills woman in Florida crash
- Dog attack leads to arrest of SC man on animal fighting, cruelty charges
- Suspect who killed Canadian military member in Florida sentenced to prison
- How apple cider vinegar helped woman shed pounds
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now