RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A contract worker was electrocuted Wednesday while working at Lead Mine Elementary School, officials confirmed.
A call concerning an electrocution was made from the school, located at 8301 Old Lead Mine Rd., just before 1 p.m., police confirmed.
An employee of Unique Environmental Energy Services Inc. and was working alone in the plant room when he died, the North Carolina Department of Labor said.
A coworker found the victim.
The Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Division is investigating the worker’s death.
CBS 17 contacted Unique Environmental Energy Services who said the company would not comment at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC investigators working to determine if arson was racially motivated
- About 100 protest and march in Knightdale Friday night
- Hundreds march during 7th night of protests in Raleigh Friday
- Grateful mom thanks NC police captain who saved choking baby at restaurant
- Fayetteville police announce arrests in break-ins, vandalism following protests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now