CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – An assistant principal has been promoted to principal at an Orange County elementary school, according to a news release from the school system.
Channing Bennett has been approved by the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Board of Education as the new principal at Glenwood Elementary. Bennett has been the school’s assistant principal since 2017.
Bennett previously served as an administrative intern at Morris Grove Elementary. He also worked at Smith Middle School, where he was selected as the school’s Teacher of the Year and was a district finalist, the release said.
Bennett earned bachelor and master degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Student in custody after shooting, injuring 12-year-old at NC middle school
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House