CHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (WNCN/AP) – The parents of a 5-month-old baby in Chester County have been arrested in Union County, North Carolina in connection to the death of the infant, authorities said.
Natricia Ann Wright, 21, and Shederick Da’Shawn Gallman, 22, were served warrants in Union County on Thursday for homicide by child abuse.
The arrests were the result of an investigation by the Chester County Sheriff’s Office, the Coroner’s Office, and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division from an incident on May 20 along 2nd Street.
According to court documents, Chester County deputies responded to a residence in reference to assisting an emergency medical service.
Once at the scene, EMS stated a 5-month-old child was dead.
Sheriff’s office spokesman Grant Suskin confirmed to The Herald of Rock Hill that the two are the parents of the child.
The scene was then turned over to SLED and resulted in arrest warrants for Wright and Gallman.
Both suspects are in the Union County, North Carolina Detention Center awaiting an extradition hearing.
— WJZY contributed to this report
- Smoking 100 cigarettes in your lifetime gets you into North Carolina’s vaccine Group 4. But why?
- ‘Canes run away in 3rd period as fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Man charged in 2 murders in Durham linked to string of armed robberies, violent carjacking, police say
- GOP senator delays COVID-19 relief bill vote by forcing all 628 pages to be read out loud