OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. (WECT) – Multiple agencies assisted after a boat caught fire and burned in the Intracoastal waterway in Ocean Isle Beach Saturday morning.
MST2 Jeff Mcconnell of the U.S. Coast Guard says the boat was in the Intracoastal waterway of Ocean Isle Beach when the skiff caught fire.
The two people on the boat were able to beach it on shore and escape without injuries.
A photo from the scene showed the burned, melted remains of the boat on the shoreline.
Ocean Isle Beach Fire Department and Brunswick County fire were called to the scene. The Coast Guard also sent a boat to help with the incident.
Officials aren’t sure what caused the fire on the boat.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- NC couple’s generosity lands them free passes to this year’s Dreamville Festival
- 2 year-old escapes Kansas daycare, nearly hit by car, mom says
- Charity works to changes lives within Chatham County’s homeless population
- Police investigating shooting in Zebulon; 1 person injured
- 13-year-old charged with communicating threats of mass violence at Rocky Mount school