GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian died after being hit by a vehicle in a hit-and-run incident Sunday morning in Wayne County, officials say.
The incident was reported between 7:20 and 7:45 a.m. along U.S 70 near Westwood Drive near Goldsboro, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
A man in his 30s died in the incident.
The only description troopers have of the vehicle involved is that it is burgundy in color, is missing a driver’s side mirror and has heavy front-end damage.
The name of the person who died was not available Sunday.
- South Carolina Board of Education disciplined more than 100 teachers in 2020
- Rocky Mount police officers facing federal charges after storming Capitol officially terminated
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Senators to be sworn in today as articles of impeachment are presented