GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian died after being hit by a vehicle in a hit-and-run incident Sunday morning in Wayne County, officials say.
The incident was reported between 7:20 and 7:45 a.m. along U.S 70 near Westwood Drive near Goldsboro, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
A man in his 30s died in the incident.
The only description troopers have of the vehicle involved is that it is burgundy in color, is missing a driver’s side mirror and has heavy front-end damage.
The name of the person who died was not available Sunday.
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now