RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say a pedestrian died after being struck by multiple vehicles in a crash Saturday evening.
The crash happened on Glenwood Avenue at Brier Creek Parkway just before 6 p.m.
According to the wreck report, the pedestrian was walking across Glenwood Avenue and walked into the path of an oncoming vehicle. This collision caused the pedestrian to be thrown into the path of a second vehicle.
The pedestrian was then struck by two additional vehicles.
The pedestrian, identified as Ronald James Malinkski, of Roxboro, died at the scene.
Authorities say the pedestrian was not at a crosswalk.
No charges have been filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- U.S. reaches 100,000 coronavirus hospitalizations
- Wendell shop owner cited over sign saying store doesn’t require masks
- Wednesday, December 2nd: Live music by Jay James, Jolly Raleigh scavenger hunt clue #2
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments