GLENPOOL, Okla. (CNN Newssource) – A quick trip to Starbucks to pick up coffee for dispatchers working Thanksgiving left a bad taste in the mouth of an Oklahoma police chief.
The word “Pig” was printed on the cups. The officer picking them up called the chief.
Chief Johnny O’Mara called the store. The manager offered to reprint the cups if the officer brought them back to the store. Instead of bringing them back, O’Mara took to social media.
“It’s not an Earth-shattering event, but it’s one more symptom of society that’s becoming contentious,” O’Mara said.
The Starbucks store deferred to corporate and said the matter was being looked into.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VIDEO: Police officer shoots driver after accidentally getting Tased by another officer
- Sparta continues to feel tremors after 5.1 magnitude earthquake felt across North Carolina
- Tractor-trailer crashes into 3 firetrucks at scene of fire on I-85 in NC
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Tesla and Service Experts are hiring
- Robeson County Sheriff’s Office needs help identifying suspects in unsolved homicides
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now