OCRACOKE, N.C. (WNCT) – Two people suffered minor injuries in a single-engine plane crash reported in Ocracoke Island on Monday.
On Monday, a small fixed-wing, single-engine plane crash-landed approximately 30 yards from the runway at Cape Hatteras National Seashore’s Ocracoke Island Airport (W95), officials said.
According to Cape Hatteras National Seashore Facebook page, the pilot and one passenger walked away from the crash with only minor injuries.
The aircraft departed Johnston Regional Airport (JNX) in Smithfield for Ocracoke Island this morning.
National Park Service Rangers, Ocracoke Volunteer Fire Department, Hyde County Sheriff’s Office, and Hyde County Emergency Medical Services responded to the accident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crashes, downed lines cause issues for drivers Friday morning in Raleigh
- Snowfall totals for Feb. 20
- ‘We never give up’ – Cumberland County sheriff addresses arrest in 21-year-old case of Baby Michael
- Russia is looking to help Trump win in 2020, security official tells lawmakers
- McDonald’s creates candles that smell like 6 Quarter Pounder ingredients
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now