OCRACOKE, N.C. (WNCT) – Two people suffered minor injuries in a single-engine plane crash reported in Ocracoke Island on Monday.
On Monday, a small fixed-wing, single-engine plane crash-landed approximately 30 yards from the runway at Cape Hatteras National Seashore’s Ocracoke Island Airport (W95), officials said.
According to Cape Hatteras National Seashore Facebook page, the pilot and one passenger walked away from the crash with only minor injuries.
The aircraft departed Johnston Regional Airport (JNX) in Smithfield for Ocracoke Island this morning.
National Park Service Rangers, Ocracoke Volunteer Fire Department, Hyde County Sheriff’s Office, and Hyde County Emergency Medical Services responded to the accident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Triton blasts winless West Johnston, 46-19
- Missing Wayne County inmate captured in Rocky Mount almost a week after escape
- Cardinal Gibons makes statement in blanking undefeated Cleveland, 36-0
- VOTE: The Blitz Play of the Week nominees | Week 5
- NC college student from Raleigh fights for her life after being hit by car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now