OCRACOKE, N.C. (WNCT) – Two people suffered minor injuries in a single-engine plane crash reported in Ocracoke Island on Monday.
On Monday, a small fixed-wing, single-engine plane crash-landed approximately 30 yards from the runway at Cape Hatteras National Seashore’s Ocracoke Island Airport (W95), officials said.
According to Cape Hatteras National Seashore Facebook page, the pilot and one passenger walked away from the crash with only minor injuries.
The aircraft departed Johnston Regional Airport (JNX) in Smithfield for Ocracoke Island this morning.
National Park Service Rangers, Ocracoke Volunteer Fire Department, Hyde County Sheriff’s Office, and Hyde County Emergency Medical Services responded to the accident.
- Durham Rescue Mission provides shelter to homeless as snow and bitter cold can be ‘really dangerous’
- Gov. Cooper’s proposed requirement for state workers to get COVID-19 booster remains unclear
- NC high school student taken to hospital after health emergency caused by vaping
- Raleigh businesses determined to stay open and recoup losses despite 3rd weekend winter storm in a row
- Boston under threat for historic snowfall; NYC and other Northeast areas brace for massive blizzard