LAS VEGAS, Nev. (KLAS) — Detectives with the North Las Vegas Police Department need the public’s help finding the person or persons responsible for leaving a 1-6-month-old baby boy inside a dumpster in North Las Vegas. The child was found dead Sunday morning in a dumpster in the 2500 block of Carroll Street near E. Carey Avenue and Civic Center Drive.
The preliminary investigation revealed that at about 8:50 a.m., police were dispatched to the area in reference to a baby found in a dumpster. Arriving officers called medical personnel to check on the child who is of Hispanic descent. That is when he was pronounced dead at the scene.
North Las Vegas Police detectives need the public’s help in this investigation and are asking citizens to check on their children, grandchildren or nephews to make sure they are ok.
The Coroner’s Office will release the identity, and cause and manner of the child’s death, after the proper notification to next of kin.
Anyone with information, in this case, is urged to call the North Las Vegas Police Department at 702-633-9111 or, to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 702-385-5555.
- Hoke County man arrested in Mississippi on 332 charges mostly related to child sex crimes, sheriff says
- NCDHHS reports lowest percent positive rate for COVID-19 tests in more than 4 months
- Nonprofit shows support for law enforcement with billboard on US 64 in Raleigh
- Stretches of NC 12 closed along Outer Banks
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now