GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A teenage boy found with gunshot wounds died from his injuries Monday morning.
Kingmenmireseti Smith, 14, died from a shooting at Sussman Park. Greensboro Police found Smith hurt around the intersection of Sussmans Street and Ashe Street just before 5 a.m. Police were responding to an aggravated assault call.
A neighbor told WFMY News 2 she heard gunshots while on her porch having coffee. She thought the sound was fireworks going off. Moments later, she heard police sirens.
The investigation is proceeding as a homicide. Police had no further details about the shooting. There was no suspect information.
Anyone with information about this case should call Crime Stoppers at (336) 373-1000 or text keyword badboyz and the tip to 274637. All calls to Crime Stoppers are completely anonymous. Greensboro/Guilford Crime Stoppers will pay a cash reward of up to $2,000 for information leading to the arrest or indictment of the individual responsible.
- Third-degree murder count against ex-officer in Floyd death could be reinstated
- Trump State Department aide charged with assault at Capitol
- Breast milk of vaccinated mothers may protect babies from COVID-19, study suggests
- UNC-Charlotte professor, school system being sued over sexual misconduct allegations
- NC man charged with abusing 8-week-old baby, deputies say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now