RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 29-year-old Martin Dexter Penny was killed in a shooting in the 1400 block of Beauty Avenue Saturday night.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the area just before 11 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers located Penny who was suffering from gunshot wounds. He was transported to the hospital with serious injuries and later died.
Anyone with information that might assist detectives is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Local pumpkin carver shines on Food Network’s “Halloween Wars”
- Local singer, Christina Munsey, debuts new music
- Understand and protect your home’s crawlspace for the long haul
- $13B aid package to help Puerto Rico 3 years after Hurricane Maria took too long, Democrats say
- Trump says ‘every American’ should have coronavirus vaccine by April 2021