RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities said Friday they found the body of a man who went missing near Lake Johnson in Raleigh.
The body of Ryan Wayne Hall, 22, was recovered around 1:30 p.m. Friday, police said.
Raleigh police said they are confident foul play wasn’t a factor in the man’s death, but aren’t yet sure what happened.
Crews were called in Thursday around 5 p.m.
Visitors to the area reported to Lake Johnson staff that they found “materials” in an area off the trail that led them to believe someone had gone missing, according to Raleigh police.
The items were found in a feeder area towards a picnic spot. Police responded to the scene and found the items but not the owner of the items, they said.
The investigation took place on Avent Ferry Road across from the boathouses.
- Police officer executed in shooting in Fayetteville, Arkansas, chief says
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
- NC duo planned to take teen girl from Massachusetts for ‘sexual purposes,’ deputies say
- NC family looking for a home for Christmas after crash knocks car into their house
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now