RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police said they’re investigating a fatal shooting that happened late Friday night at an apartment complex in North Raleigh.
According to a press release, Raleigh police responded to the 9400 block of Prince George Lane at about 11:42 p.m. They found a male victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim, 18-year-old Desmond Myles Jenkins was taken to WakeMed, where police said he died from his injuries.
Homicide detectives are searching for a black Chevrolet Avalanche with chrome rims, which was seen in the area. The vehicle may have a star decal in the rear window.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at 919-834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Looter returns stolen items to California business owner
- Whip up Charlotte’s Favorite “Peanut Butter Balls” in the kitchen
- Give someone in need a voice by donating your old devices
- Thursday, June 4th : Whip up these tasty Peanut Butter Balls, Donate your old technology to give someone a voice
- Judge: $750K bail for 3 ex-officers accused in Floyd’s death
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now