RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police said they’re investigating a fatal shooting that happened late Friday night at an apartment complex in North Raleigh.
According to a press release, Raleigh police responded to the 9400 block of Prince George Lane at about 11:42 p.m. They found a male victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim, 18-year-old Desmond Myles Jenkins was taken to WakeMed, where police said he died from his injuries.
Homicide detectives are searching for a black Chevrolet Avalanche with chrome rims, which was seen in the area. The vehicle may have a star decal in the rear window.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at 919-834-HELP.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Report finds majority of “possession of firearm” cases dismissed in Durham County
- Eye on the Storm | Aug. 14
- North Carolina lawmakers unveil tax refund bill
- Police release sketch of Fayetteville rape suspect
- 2 families still searching for answers in Rocky Mount cold case murders
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now