SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) — Spring Lake police are investigating after a woman was hit by a vehicle and killed Monday night, authorities said.
Officers responded to a vehicle vs. pedestrian call at about 10:05 p.m. in the 600-block of Lillington Highway. Once on scene, the female pedestrian was transported by emergency crews to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where she was then pronounced dead.
The victim was later identified as 67-year-old Sarah Lee Holmes.
The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
The collision is being investigated and no charges have been filed at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the traffic crash is asked to contact the Spring Lake Police Department at (910) 436-7167 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Fired police officer Derek Chauvin taken into custody in George Floyd’s death
- Minnesota authorities: Police officer who knelt on George Floyd has been arrested
- Durham County sheriff says he feels outrage, embarrassment in wake of George Floyd’s death
- Obama on George Floyd: ‘This shouldn’t be ‘normal’ in America in 2020′
- Cohen to RNC: More safety plan details needed for Charlotte convention
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now