SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) — Spring Lake police are investigating after a woman was hit by a vehicle and killed Monday night, authorities said.
Officers responded to a vehicle vs. pedestrian call at about 10:05 p.m. in the 600-block of Lillington Highway. Once on scene, the female pedestrian was transported by emergency crews to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where she was then pronounced dead.
The victim was later identified as 67-year-old Sarah Lee Holmes.
The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
The collision is being investigated and no charges have been filed at this time.
Anyone with information regarding the traffic crash is asked to contact the Spring Lake Police Department at (910) 436-7167 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Local youth participate in wheelchair basketball camp in Cary
- NC wife ‘wanted to kill’ husband, fired .357 magnum through door, deputies say
- Deputies ID 2 suspects in murder of pizza delivery driver in Roanoke Rapids
- Federal bill would let marijuana businesses bank
- Deputies: NC man kidnaps wife with intent to kill her, man she was having affair with
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now