LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Police say a Kentucky man hit his sister with a frying pan and then fatally shot his father with a crossbow.
News outlets report 23-year-old Gerald Beavers III was taken into custody hours after the Thursday attack.
Police say they responded to a Louisville home that afternoon and found Beavers’ father dead. The sister was found suffering serious wounds. It’s unclear who called police.
It’s also unclear what motivated the attack, what charges the man could face and whether he has a lawyer who can speak for him.
- 17-year-old boy dies after rollover crash in Fayetteville
- Semi-submerged tugboat that hit bridge at NC coast now leaking diesel fuel
- 2 shot within an hour in Durham have some seeking end to gun violence
- Experts warn of ‘juice jacking’ when charging cellphones at airports
- Grant approved will help Raleigh agency combat opioid epidemic