LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Police say a Kentucky man hit his sister with a frying pan and then fatally shot his father with a crossbow.
News outlets report 23-year-old Gerald Beavers III was taken into custody hours after the Thursday attack.
Police say they responded to a Louisville home that afternoon and found Beavers’ father dead. The sister was found suffering serious wounds. It’s unclear who called police.
It’s also unclear what motivated the attack, what charges the man could face and whether he has a lawyer who can speak for him.
- A classic is back: Necco Wafers are headed back to store shelves
- Authorities investigating fire at Stagville, a former slave plantation in Durham County
- Raleigh mayor issues 8 p.m. curfew following 2 nights of violence, destruction in downtown
- NC surpasses 29,000 positive COVID-19 cases, bringing total to 29,263; deaths just under 900
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Orange Theory, Hilldrup Moving & Storage are hiring