GUERNSEY COUNTY, Ohio (WCMH) — A Cambridge man is facing several charges after officials say he raped a 3-year-old girl.
Michael L. Smith, 31, has been charged with two counts of rape, kidnapping, and pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor or impaired person.
Guernsey County Sheriff Jeffrey Paden said Friday an investigation was launched earlier this week after a complaint was filed by the girl’s mother.
Paden said the investigation is ongoing and that there could be more charges filed in the future.
- Man shot at apartment complex in Raleigh, police say
- Russell Weinstein comes out of retirement for 2nd time to lead upstart Faith Christian football program
- Rocky Mount woman, man arrested after drugs, guns found in car, deputies say
- Raleigh bar – site of numerous shootings, stabbings – loses alcohol permit
- 3-vehicle crash closes US 401 at Ten Ten Road for about an hour
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now