FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police have released the name of the victim of a shooting Thursday night.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old McKinley Summers Jr., of Fayetteville.
Police say around 9:30 p.m., officers responded to the 5900 block of Cliffdale Road reference a reported shooting.
Upon arrival, a male victim was located in a vehicle suffering from a gunshot wound. The man was transported to the hospital where he later died.
The name of the victim is being withheld pending next of kin notification, police say.
Police are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading up to an arrest in the shooting.
Cliffdale Road is currently closed as a result of the shooting and motorists are encouraged to use Morganton Road or Raeford Road as an alternate route until the roadway can be reopened. The roadway is expected to remain closed through 2 a.m. Friday.
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT DAY: Severe thunderstorms likely
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
- Raleigh man nabbed, another on the run after armed robbery, deputies say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now