FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police have released the name of the victim of a shooting Thursday night.
The victim has been identified as 30-year-old McKinley Summers Jr., of Fayetteville.
Police say around 9:30 p.m., officers responded to the 5900 block of Cliffdale Road reference a reported shooting.
Upon arrival, a male victim was located in a vehicle suffering from a gunshot wound. The man was transported to the hospital where he later died.
The name of the victim is being withheld pending next of kin notification, police say.
Police are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading up to an arrest in the shooting.
Cliffdale Road is currently closed as a result of the shooting and motorists are encouraged to use Morganton Road or Raeford Road as an alternate route until the roadway can be reopened. The roadway is expected to remain closed through 2 a.m. Friday.
- Five people found dead inside a Vanceboro home, investigation underway
- 2 dead, 20 injured after massive explosion at Texas warehouse
- Trump becomes 1st president to visit, speak at March for Life rally
- Affordable housing a hot topic as Bernie Sanders’ campaign holds town hall in Durham
- Officials: Child dies after early-morning fire at NC apartment complex