JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WTAJ) — Charges have been filed against a Johnstown man for allegedly abusing a 7-month-old Monday morning in the 200 block of Ohio Street.
Johnstown Police say David Jones, 21, was hitting the child and dumped hot sauce in its mouth.
Jones allegedly sat on the child and pushed down on her with a bassinet frame, according to police.
Police say the mother tried to stop Jones, but he grabbed her by the neck, choked her, and threw her against the wall.
The woman fled to a neighbor’s house to call 911.
The baby was taken to Conemaugh Memorial for evaluation.
Jones is facing charges of aggravated assault on persons under 6, strangulation, simple assault, and harassment.
- Plane crashes in Pennsylvania neighborhood while trying to land
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Four killed in Sunday plane crash near Waco, Texas
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall
- Drunk driver hits man in a Va interstate work zone, drives off before running out of gas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now