JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (WTAJ) — Charges have been filed against a Johnstown man for allegedly abusing a 7-month-old Monday morning in the 200 block of Ohio Street.
Johnstown Police say David Jones, 21, was hitting the child and dumped hot sauce in its mouth.
Jones allegedly sat on the child and pushed down on her with a bassinet frame, according to police.
Police say the mother tried to stop Jones, but he grabbed her by the neck, choked her, and threw her against the wall.
The woman fled to a neighbor’s house to call 911.
The baby was taken to Conemaugh Memorial for evaluation.
Jones is facing charges of aggravated assault on persons under 6, strangulation, simple assault, and harassment.
- Domestic violence suspect stabbed California K-9 before officers fatally shot him, police say
- Convicted sex offenders caught smuggling migrants in California
- Kansas man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive
- Durham police responding to shots fired find man dead in car
- ‘I’m in heaven’: Beer becomes available, creating frenzy in Tijuana
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now