LELAND, N.C. (WECT) – Authorities responded to a reported shooting at a store in Leland Saturday morning.
At around 8:50 a.m. Saturday morning, Leland police responded to an accidental shooting report at the Walmart on New Pointe Boulevard.
Upon arrival, officers discovered a person with a gunshot wound to the foot, according to Leland police. When officers further investigated, they determined that a gun fell to the ground and a round fired into the foot of a person as that person was exiting a car.
The wounded person was then transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center where they were treated for their injuries.
Leland police say that the incident is still under investigation at this time.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now