LELAND, N.C. (WECT) – Authorities responded to a reported shooting at a store in Leland Saturday morning.
At around 8:50 a.m. Saturday morning, Leland police responded to an accidental shooting report at the Walmart on New Pointe Boulevard.
Upon arrival, officers discovered a person with a gunshot wound to the foot, according to Leland police. When officers further investigated, they determined that a gun fell to the ground and a round fired into the foot of a person as that person was exiting a car.
The wounded person was then transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center where they were treated for their injuries.
Leland police say that the incident is still under investigation at this time.
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.
- Parents upset with candy-filled pill bottles distributed at NC middle school’s career day
- Colleague’s late father motivates NCCU professor to work for new pancreatic cancer treatments
- Police ID dead man dropped off at WakeMed after Raleigh shooting
- Aho scores 2 to lead Hurricanes past Senators 8-2
- 2 Cookout employees fired after Roxboro officer refused service
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now