WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Joe Biden is denouncing President Donald Trump as the “most irresponsible president in American history” over his efforts to overturn the result of the election.
Biden was asked by a reporter Thursday about Trump extending a White House invitation to Michigan state lawmakers in an apparent bid to overturn the results of the election in the state, which Biden won.
Biden shook his head, noted that “there’s questions whether it’s even legal” and said the move was “outrageous.”
Biden added: “It’s hard to fathom how this man thinks.”
Speaking broadly about Trump’s refusal to concede the election, Biden said Americans are “witnessing incredible irresponsibility” and warned that “incredibly damaging messages are being sent to the rest of the world about how democracy functions.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets
- Safely enjoy the Christmas season at Phillips Farms of Cary’s Christmas Experience
- Medicinal marijuana being used as treatment for autism
- Wednesday, November 25th: Thanksgiving Day feast at Rocky Top Catering, Durham holiday events
- Stokes County man wins $1 million from scratch-off ticket