GREENSBORO, N.C. (WFMY) — The Greensboro Police Department is planning a memorial service for K9 Rambo. Rambo died Friday night after being hit by a car while chasing a robbery suspect, police confirmed Saturday.
Greensboro Police say it happened around 8:30 p.m. Rambo was immediately taken to an emergency vet for treatment, but he didn’t survive.
Friday, August, 23 at 3pm, the Police department is having a memorial service for Rambo. The public is invited to attend. It will be at the Public Safety Center at 1510 North Church Street.
Rambo was about 4-and-a-half years old and had been with the department a little over four years, Greensboro Police Public Information Officer Ron Glenn said.
The city of Greensboro’s official account said Rambo ‘died doing what he was known to do…protect and serve. Rambo was loyal, fierce and loving!’
- NC driver puts car in wrong gear, hitting 7 people, police say
- Fire at NC coast destroys beach house, 2 treated for heat-related illness
- 18 injured in fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego
- Man dies while swimming at Outer Banks amid large rip current
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now