CHICAGO (AP) — R. Kelly’s lawyers want the judge in the singer’s New York federal case to reconsider and grant him bond, saying the hardships of being jailed include being able to see just one of two previous live-in girlfriends at a time.
The Chicago Tribune reports the request was filed Monday in New York, where Kelly is charged in a racketeering scheme to sexually abuse girls.
Kelly is detained in Chicago, where he faces similar charges. Even if the New York judge grants bond, Kelly must get the Chicago judge to agree to bond before he could be released.
Monday’s motion complained that only one person unrelated to Kelly can visit him at a time over 90 days, so just one of the two young women who lived with him before he was jailed can visit during that period.
- Fire at NC coast destroys beach house, 2 treated for heat-related illness
- 18 injured in fire aboard USS Bonhomme Richard at Naval Base San Diego
- Man dies while swimming at Outer Banks amid large rip current
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
- 1,908 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Sunday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now