RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Over the weekend, Raleigh police arrested two teenagers in the deadly shooting of a 17-year-old boy last week.
Sunday morning, police said 18-year-old James Carlos Jarquin, of Zebulon, was charged in the fatal shooting of Zaequan Deloatch.
Late Sunday night, police announced they also had charged Santiago Alejandro Pacheco, 19, of Wendell with murder in the case.
The shooting happened just before 11 p.m. Thursday, in the 5400 block of Duckling Way.
Officers arrived and found Deloatch suffering a gunshot wound. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
Police have not released a motive for the shooting.
Jarquin has been charged with murder and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Both Jarquin and Pacheo are in custody of the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 31 people tested in COVID-19 outbreak at Clayton nursing home; some workers walked out last week
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now