RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police will pay tribute to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001, on Wednesday’s 18th anniversary.
A news release from Raleigh police said the department will hold a brief ceremony at 8:46 a.m. Wednesday at eight locations. The public is invited to attend.
The locations are:
- Downtown District, located at 218 W. Cabarrus Street
- North District, located at 6716 Six Forks Road
- Northeast District, located at 5230 Green’s Dairy Road
- Northwest District, located at 8016 Glenwood Avenue
- Southeast District, located at 1601 Crosslink Road
- Southwest District, located at 601 Hutton Street
- Special Operations Division, located at 1221 Front Street
- Training Facility, located at 4501 Spring Forest Road
Raleigh police, the Raleigh Fire Department, and Wake County EMS are working to produce a video message, as well.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Young girl, woman seriously injured in Durham crash along Page Road
- Rain, cold front coming to NC this week
- NC bar’s liquor permit suspended after multiple shootings, officer punched in face
- Man arrested after 111 mph chase, crash and armed standoff near earlier deadly wreck in Sanford
- Northbound lanes of US 1 near I-540 reopen after vehicle crash