RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Raleigh police will pay tribute to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001, on Wednesday’s 18th anniversary.
A news release from Raleigh police said the department will hold a brief ceremony at 8:46 a.m. Wednesday at eight locations. The public is invited to attend.
The locations are:
- Downtown District, located at 218 W. Cabarrus Street
- North District, located at 6716 Six Forks Road
- Northeast District, located at 5230 Green’s Dairy Road
- Northwest District, located at 8016 Glenwood Avenue
- Southeast District, located at 1601 Crosslink Road
- Southwest District, located at 601 Hutton Street
- Special Operations Division, located at 1221 Front Street
- Training Facility, located at 4501 Spring Forest Road
Raleigh police, the Raleigh Fire Department, and Wake County EMS are working to produce a video message, as well.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- American cancer survivor swims across English Channel 4 times in a row to set new world record
- Deputies: Couple had sex in patrol car after arrest
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now