RALEIGH, N.C. (CNN Newsource) — A Raleigh woman is defending her use of a racial slur in a now-viral video.
Chanda Stewart recorded a video while she was with two of her friends at the Bonefish Grill restaurant in Raleigh.
The video starts with Stewart sharing an earlier confrontation they had with Nancy Goodman.
Goodman then approaches the women, complaining that they are ‘too loud’.
When one of the women respond that their money is as good as her money, Goodman uses the N-word directed at the two African-American women.
Officials at the restaurant say they are reviewing the incident.
Goodman blamed the incident on anxiety but says she would use the word again. She also insists she’s not racist.
- Wake County to open new COVID-19 testing site, simplify sign-up process
- Trump pardons Flynn, taking direct aim at Russia probe
- Road closed in Clayton as crews battle house fire
- Police: Man punched woman in eye, choked child following argument at North Myrtle Beach apartment
- Man shot in the arm during drive-by in Durham, police say