CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – Ram’s Plaza in Chapel Hill is closed off to traffic due to a gas leak Friday morning.
Tweets from the Chapel Hill Fire Department say firefighters have set up barricades at the shopping center as a precaution.
The leak was first reported just before 9 a.m. as a 2-inch line was ruptured at a construction site near the shopping center.
The leak was capped around 10:30 a.m. and the nearby roads and the shopping center could open by 11:30 a.m.
Dominion Energy is on scene.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham residents upset after dozens of newly planted trees removed at city’s request
- Purse lost in 1957 found behind school locker 62 years later
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
- Svechnikov, Niederreiter help Hurricanes beat Predators 4-1