RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – A showdown between a pair of Republican incumbents, Renee Ellmers and George Holding, highlights a June primary as voters go to the polls this Tuesday.

And in Greensboro, a new congresswoman keeps running for her current seat although the district was redrawn an hour away from her home.

These are among the storylines for Tuesday’s U.S. House primary elections, which were delayed from March because of a redistricting court ruling. North Carolina has 13 seats in the U.S. House, and 10 are currently held by Republicans.

One of the most talked-about is the 2nd District GOP primary.

Republican Renee Ellmers has been in office for the last five years. Ellmers will face George Holding of the 13th District for the nomination. Dr. Greg Brannon is also in the running among Republicans.

Current U.S. Rep. Alma Adams is running in the 13th District Democratic primary although the district is no longer in Greensboro –  where she’s lived for decades – and now covers almost all of Charlotte. Six other Democrats are on the ballot. Adams now respresents the 12th District and Holding represents the 13th.

A candidate does not have to live in the district. Ellmers has been attacking Holding for not living in the district, and even created a website about the matter.

Primary elections are being held for 11 of the state’s 13 congressional seats. Seventeen candidates are running in the 13th District GOP primary.

Early in-person voting ended June 4.Where do you vote? Find your polling place here.

Voter ID Requirement: Remember, you will need a valid ID to cast your ballot. Here is more information from the State Board of Elections:

The acceptable forms of photo ID are as follows:

A driver’s license issued by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles including a learner’s permit or a provisional license. These cards may be expired up to four years before they are presented for voting.

A state identification card issued by the N.C. DMV. This card may be expired up to four years before it is presented for voting.

An unexpired U.S. passport, including both the passport book and passport card, issued by the United States Department of State.

An unexpired U.S. Military ID Card issued by the Department of Defense, including those issued to dependents, retired military personnel, or civilians. Military ID cards without an expiration date are also acceptable.

An unexpired Veterans ID Card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans ID cards without an expiration date are also acceptable.

An unexpired tribal enrollment card issued by a federally-recognized tribe. If it does not bear an expiration date, it must bear a printed issuance date that is not older than eight years before it is presented for voting.

An out-of-state driver’s license, as long as the voter has registered within 90 days of voting.What if I have a photo ID but it’s faded or damaged?

If you’re worried that your ID may be too damaged for an election official to see the name, photo, or expiration date, you can request a duplicate or replacement photo ID. You can do that on the DMV’s website or at the DMV driver’s license office.Does the address on my photo ID need to match the address on my voter registration?

No.Does the name on my photo ID need to match the name on my voter registration?

The name appearing on the photo ID must be the same or substantially equivalent to the name on the voter’s registration record.  Acceptable differences include, but are not limited to the following:

  • Omission of one or more parts of the name;
  • Use of a variation or nickname rather than a formal name;
  • Use of an initial in place of one or more parts of a given name;
  • Use of a former name, including maiden names, or a variation that includes or omits a hyphenation;
  • Ordering of names; or,
  • Variation in spelling or typographical errors.

What if I have had a photo ID issued but it is now lost or stolen?

The easiest way to obtain a new copy of your driver’s license or ID card from the DMV is to request a duplicate on the DMV website, here. The fee for a duplicate copy is $10. If you require a free DMV ID card, you must apply in person at the DMV.

A voter in this situation may execute a Declaration of Reasonable Impediment and vote a provisional ballot, or vote by mail-in absentee.What if I have a photo ID but did not bring it with me?

No one will be denied the opportunity to vote for lack of a photo ID.

Voters who have access to an acceptable form of photo ID but do not present it at the polling site may vote a provisional ballot and later present an acceptable form of photo ID to an election official at the county board of elections office.

A voter may also leave the voting site to get their ID and return to the polls before closing time to cast a regular ballot.

Persons who seek to vote at a one-stop early voting site prior to the deadline for requesting absentee ballots may complete the State Absentee Ballot Request Form.

The deadline for requesting an absentee ballot is 5:00 p.m. on the Tuesday before the date of the election. Completed ballots must be received by the county board of elections by 5:00 p.m. on Election Day or postmarked no later than Election Day and received by the county board of elections no later than three days after the election.

To learn more about how to cast an absentee ballot by-mail, visit here.I am not sure if I am registered to vote. How can I check?

Click here to determine whether you are registered to vote and to find your assigned precinct and polling location.For more information on voting and the new photo ID requirements, click here.