FLORENCE, S.C. (WNCN) — The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating what they believe may have been a fatal accidental shooting that occurred Sunday afternoon in Fairmont.
According to Sheriff Burnis Wilkins’ Facebook page, the sheriff’s office received a call at approximately 1:47 p.m. in reference to a shooting on Path Road at the home of 19-year-old Timothy Goins.
Goins was taken to the hospital by a family member and had been shot one time, the sheriff’s office said.
On Monday, Goins died at a hospital in Florence, South Carolina, Wilkins said.
“It is believed the shooting may have been accidental involving a family member,” Wilkins said.
The case is being investigated by the Juvenile Division and Criminal Investigations Division. Anyone who may have information on the shooting should call the Juvenile Division at (910) 671-3140.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Endangered Florida panthers are mysteriously struggling to walk, and wildlife officials don’t know why
- Tennessee police: Dad beat young daughter because of dirty table
- Instagram says there’s “no truth” to new hoax post, so don’t share it
- Is Gov. Cooper on board with tax refund plan?
- Dog stolen from Texas family during road trip rescued by CBS reporter
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now