Alexa is about to get real Samuel L. Jackson.
Amazon will introduce Jackson as the first celebrity voice for its Alexa virtual assistant later this year, the company said Wednesday.
For 99 cents, you can hear the Hollywood star read you the news, give you a weather report and even tell jokes.
Here are a few fun requests Amazon suggests you try after setting up Jackson’s voice on your Echo:
“Alexa, ask Samuel L. Jackson where he is from.”
“Alexa, ask Sam to wake me up at 7 a.m.”
“Alexa, ask Sam Jackson to sing happy birthday.”
But Jackson wouldn’t be who he is if he weren’t a little explicit, right? Don’t worry. Amazon is leaning into the actor’s essence. That’s probably why this new feature is rated mature.
Users can choose whether or not they would like Jackson to use explicit language. And it’s OK if they change their minds later. They can just head over to the settings menu of the Alexa app to select between clean and explicit content.
- Officer accused of showing off images of slain college student in extortion case
- Trump says he’ll extend unemployment benefits through the end of the year
- COVID-19 outbreaks detected at 2 long-term care facilities in Moore County, officials say
- Duke University researchers show how easily germs can spread
- Teenager accused of auto theft jumps off 20-foot parking garage to escape police
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now