MENLO PARK, Calif. (KRON/AP) – Menlo Park fire crews are responding to Facebook’s Menlo Park mailing facility Monday after a package tested positive for sarin.
A machine alerted employees that a package may possibly contain sarin, a highly toxic chemical that disrupts the functioning of the nervous system.
Employees were not exposed, according to authorities.
No other details were immediately available.
Menlo Park Fire Marshal Jon Johnston said nobody is showing symptoms of exposure and that the building is under quarantine. Johnston did not know how many people were evacuated.
The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says symptoms to sarin vapor exposure will likely appear within seconds. The CDC says people who are mildly exposed usually recover completely.
Facebook did not immediately respond to message for comment.
- How the Greensboro Coliseum plans to keep everyone safe during the ACC Tournament
- Woman sells baked goods to pay the bills; business takes off
- Virginia college student drank alcohol, was blindfolded and hit head on tree before death, cousin says
- DEA, TSA seize cash from air travelers not suspected of crimes, lawsuit says
- NC deputies investigate shooting along highway, 1 person taken to hospital