DILLON, S.C. (WBTW) – A South Carolina woman is facing a new charge in connection to the death of a 5-month-old infant, according to warrants.
According to arrest warrants, Judy Cox is charged with homicide by child abuse. Those warrants were filed on Thursday. The charge stems from an incident that occurred on Feb. 12.
Cox was previously charged with abuse/parent, guardian, other allowing another person to inflict great bodily harm upon a child in connection to that incident. Warrants allege that on Feb. 12, Cox caused “great bodily injury or harm upon a child” by shaking the child in a way that “caused severe damage to the brain area and severe trauma to the eye area.”
The case remains under a gag order signed by Judge Roger Henderson.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now