CATAWBA, N.C. (WJZY) — A seaplane that was attempting to land on Lake Norman north of Charlotte flipped over and crashed on Saturday, local officials say.
Officials responded to calls around 8 a.m. regarding an aircraft crash near the Northview Harbor community on Lake Norman in Catawba County.
An initial investigation showed a fixed-wing single-engine seaplane with two occupants was attempting to land before the crash occurred.
Both the pilot and passenger suffered minor injuries and refused transport to the hospital.
Denver Fire, Catawba County Sheriff, and lake patrol were among the divisions to respond to the scene.
The plan was towed to Long Island Airport and the scene was cleared by 11 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 5 gray parrots separated at zoo after encouraging each other to swear, zookeepers say
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement
- Salvation Army of Wake County in need of donations for Angel Tree program
- FBI asks for nationwide help in identifying man who may have information in child sexual exploitation case
- Here’s the reality behind Trump’s claims about mail voting