PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) – Two firefighters from Florida and Virginia have gone missing on a fishing trip off Port Canaveral, prompting 50 fellow firefighters to help with a wide search.
The Coast Guard and other agencies are looking for Brian McCluney and Justin Walker who were boating toward a fishing spot known as 8A reef.
McCluney works for the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department, and Justin Walker, of Virginia, is a master technician for the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.
The Jacksonville fire department said 50 of its firefighters are assisting on 11 boats.
The Jacksonville Association of Fire Fighters set up a donation website Sunday for people to help with a search that has extended from Port Canaveral to north of Jacksonville and 80 miles off shore.
The boaters were supposed to return Friday.
- 21-year-old killed, 5 others wounded in NC party shooting
- NC deputies search for pair wanted in murder, officials say
- ‘It went beautiful,’ Hundreds at Durham protest remain peaceful Saturday
- VIDEO: Looters hit store at Fayetteville’s Cross Creek Mall
- Looters strike downtown Raleigh CVS, later set fire outside
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now