WASHINGTON — Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar says husband John Besser has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The former presidential candidate said Besser began feeling sick when she was in Minnesota and he was in Washington. She said he immediately quarantined himself.
She said he sought a test and chest X-ray after he began coughing up blood, and was checked into a Virginia hospital with “very low oxygen levels which really haven’t improved.” She said he now has pneumonia and is on oxygen but not a ventilator.
Klobuchar said her doctor had advised her not to get a test.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tennessee school district to stop Christian prayers, Bible distribution after lawsuit
- 3 children, 1 adult killed in SC after vehicle plunges from bridge into water
- Nash County road to close for the week in order to replace drainage pipe
- One dead, four others hurt in Ohio shooting
- 1 shot, 1 grazed by bullet outside Durham shop where Cary teen was killed in June
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now